Open in Google maps
Ülikooli 18, Tartu
The University of Tartu Hall is located in the main building. It is one of the most outstanding pearls of classicist architecture in Estonia. The building was built in 1804–1809 according to the project of the university architect, Professor Johann Wilhelm Krause.
The ceremonial opening of the main building took place on July 3, 1809. Since then, all major events and celebrations of university life have been celebrated in the hall. Due to the very good acoustics, numerous concerts and conferences are organized here due to the spaciousness.
The latest renovation took place on May 3, 2002.
The number of seats in the hall is 470 (340 on the floor, 130 on the balcony).