Open in Google maps
Address Estonia pst 4, Tallinn
Estonia Concert Hall was designed and constructed as part of the Estonia Theatre building. The architects were Armas Lindgren and Olivia Mathilda Lönn.
The first concert in the newly opened concert hall of the Estonia Theatre building took place on 7.09.1913.
The music of A. Lemba, A. Kapp and R. Tobias was played. Late in the evening of the same day, The Seasons by Haydn was performed by the orchestra of Estonia Theatre and the mixed choir of the Music Department.
On 9 March 1944, the Estonia Theatre building was destroyed during a bomb raid. Reconstruction work was commenced within the same year, led by architect Alar Kotli. The Estonia Theatre building was re-completed in 1946.
In summer 1997, Estonia Concert Hall was thoroughly renovated at the initiative of Estonian Concert.